Call for Eco-photo Competition!
Members of the public are invited to the first eco-photo competition for Ecocity World Summit 2015 taking place in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
About the Eco-photo Competition
Ecocity World Summit 2015 invites photographers and environment enthusiasts to share captured moments for ECWS’s first Eco-Photography Competition. The opportunity allows individuals of various backgrounds – from architects and urban planners to students – to present their creative nature-inspired photos and allow them to be seen by thousands of people. The photos should reflect sustainable cities, eco-spaces or eco-practices.
Each photographer can submit up to two (2) images in total.
The judges will select up to 20 finalists whose photographs will be shown throughout the exhibition during the summit, with accompanying press coverage where relevant. Additionally, all finalists will have their selected photographs uploaded on this website during this year and beyond
The judging panel will choose three final winners, who will receive a brand new GoPro camera in addition to having their winning photos published in the Summit magazine. Complimentary registration to attend the event will also be awarded, with up to three nights’ accommodation included for winners living outside of the Abu Dhabi emirate.
How to enter
- The entrant must first register for the event then login
- The entrants must provide a title and caption or description (50-100 words) that explains why the photograph is relevant to the ecocity concept.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age at the time of submission
Preparing your Images
The photograph must have been taken with a high-resolution camera. This means that if your photograph is shortlisted, you will need to supply higher quality images.
- Minimum- JPEG, quality: high, over 500 ppi (pixels per inch).
- As a guide; a maximum of 8 Megapixel image captured should be suitable for printing
Submission Deadline: 30 September 2015
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting a photo, each participants warrants that their submission(s) are their own original work
- Submissions will be accepted until 23:59 on 18 September 2015, UAE local time, (i.e. GMT +4). No Submissions made after the closing time will be accepted.
- Participants must be individuals aged eighteen (18) years and over at the time of their submission(s).
- Black and white Photos are permitted in all the categories of the competition.
- All submitted photos must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant. Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) is prohibited.
- ECWS 2015 preserves the right to assess and discard from the Competition any submitted photo(s) deemed, at the Summit’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- Photos that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive contents, including nudity, violence, and/or human rights, and/or any other contents deemed to be contrary to the UAE religious, cultural and/or public morals traditions and practices, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- The ECWS judging panel will assess and determine the winning photos. The participants will be notified on the results and the winners.
- The ECWS 2015 judging panel have the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any photo(s) or submission(s) without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant participant.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Submitted Photo(s) must be a work of original material created and/or taken by You, must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which You have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
ECWS 2015 Photo Copyright Release
By submitting your photo, you agree to grant and assign to Ecocity World Summit 2015 (ECWS 2015) the following:
- All rights to film, record, reproduce, reprint, and otherwise make use of the works (such as titles, captions and/or descriptions), in any media or format, and authorize the ECWS 2015 to use your name, likeness, photograph, and biographical data in connection with its use and promotion of the works.
- Each participant retains the copyright of their photos, and ECWS will not sell them. The Summit Secretariat reserves the right to use the submitted images as and when they so choose.
- The participant will not receive any royalty or other monetary compensation from ECWS 2015 for the subsequent use of your works by the Summit.